Data Management Plan
Begin with the planning of the data management already in the application phase and add a data management plan (DMP) to the grant application. A DMP encompasses all phases that go through research data in a project.
We offer support and advice on the development of a DMP. With the online tool Research Data Management Organizer (RDMO) you can create, store and print your DMP.
The main points that a DMP should contain are:
- What data will be collected and where do they come from?
- Which metadata should be used to describe the data?
- What is the amount of data?
- Where should the data be stored? During the project phase? After the project?
- Which infrastructure (storage) is used?
- What is about Open Data? Do you plan to publish the data? Which publication strategy is planned?
- Do you develop software, databases or a web-application?
- Is sufficient staff provided?
- Does your project require special infrastructure?
- Who is responsible for the sustainable maintenance of the software / websites?
- Should the software be available to others?